Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Director of Finance Transformation to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
In this role, you will join our tight-knit Finance team & lead our company-wide finance & data transformation. We will look to you to bridge the gap between finance, Ops & data to help us realize measurable value from technology & drive performance. In this role, you will lead our finance transformation initiative & establish a roadmap to align with the overall business strategy. You will build & scale a cross functional team in order to achieve a fully optimized & automated finance organization in the future. This role will report to the VP, Finance & Accounting.
You will review the existing data & technology infrastructure across accounting, valuation, pricing, & Market P&L & an overall data governance platform & structure. This role will develop a data & technology model that supports the General Ledger, Management Planning & Reporting, & key models such as reserving tools & financial business models. Based on your finance transformation experience to date, you will quickly familiarize yourself with our key finance systems & partner with key stakeholders to implement efficiencies.
- Define & then drive execution of the finance transformation roadmap & identify key metrics/deadlines
- Familiarize yourself with our key finance systems, data bases & key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Effectively communicate short-term & long-term automation & integration opportunities, along with resources needed to implement
- Prioritize process improvements & automation opportunities effectively, based on needs of key business stakeholders
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to produce timely/accurate reporting to assist with data driven business decisions. To meet their immediate reporting needs:
- Design automated NetSuite reports to eliminate the risk of manual error
- Configure Adaptive for effective budgeting & management reporting
- Build dashboards in various tools
- 10+ years of experience within Finance & 3+ years of experience within Finance transformation
- Experience partnering with both internal & external resources to automate key financial processes
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Familiarity with key Finance systems/software (GL, AP, T&E, HRIS & Fin Planning systems)
- Experience in healthcare and/or health insurance
- Start-up experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.