Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Shop team, focused on making our customer's journey through the website the best experience on the web. As a company built on a strong digital foundation, technology is integral to our e-commerce vision & how customers interact with the Casper brand online. As a senior engineer, youll play a key role in building software that enables teams across the Casper organization to bring delightful experiences to our customers.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Work closely with Digital Product & Digital Design teams to ideate on & build best-in-class e-commerce user experiences
- Collaborate with our internal front-end & platform engineering teams to support launching products & create delightful experiences that impress our growing customer base
- Lead technical decision making by advocating for innovative solutions, writing technical designs & reviewing code written by teammates
- Deliver high quality peer-reviewed code that follows best practices
Our dream candidate...
- Able to bring design to life with CSS, using Styled Components
- Experienced with working with a style library & CMS components, with our Contentful integration
- Pro-active. You can independently seek out answers & own project responsibilities
- Excellent at giving & receiving feedback from others that promotes a collaborative & humble working culture
- A clear communicator that can reduce ambiguity & promote transparency with team members & co-workers
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!