The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, flexible work hours & Friday bagels!
This position will report to Loss Prevention Manager. Key areas of responsibility include overseeing security, loss prevention, & general wellbeing for facilities, employees, & clients, as well as overlooking operational functions & inventory control.
This position is based in our SoHo Store in New York, NY.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Loss Prevention Agent is a full-time hourly employee reporting directly to the SOHO Assistant Loss Prevention Manager. This role will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of Loss Prevention, including investigations, physical security, & safety for the Madison Avenue location, as well as the flexibility to assist with coverage at the SOHO store as needed.
- During daily duties this position will be one of the first employees customers see when they enter the store. It is an expectation that all customers are greeted in a timely & appropriate manner.
- The candidate should have the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- This position will assist with High Value viewings.
- The candidate will need to use CCTV to review video for safety & investigations.
- This position will conduct daily audits, to ensure shortage control, safety, & all other Loss Prevention policies & procedures are being adhered to.
- The ability to be able to communicate & execute security protocols i.e. bag checks, badge enforcement, The candidate should have the ability to handle & identify any security/safety related issues.
- The candidate should be able to collaborate with store management to be an effective partner for business needs.
- The position requires open availability with the expectation of working evenings & weekends.
- Overtime is sometimes required to meet the business needs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- A professional appearance & demeanor.
- Be self-motivated.
- Ability to write & communicate in a professional manner.
- Understanding of high-end retail & brands.
- Ability to lift & move 50lbs of merchandise & supplies.
- 2 years of Loss Prevention or Security is preferred.
- Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, & Gmail.