At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Were searching for a Head of Marketing, Lyft Bikes & Scooters (LBS) to play a key role in Lyfts mission: improve peoples lives through the worlds best transportation. In a company driven by consumer insights & in an industry steeped in competition, were searching for a leader who will obsess over serving our ever-evolving customers.
The Head of Marketing, LBS should have a proven track record of being able to influence large product, operations & marketing organizations strategies. They will also be expected to propel our highly talented teams of Creative, Brand, Product Marketing & Local Marketing into a world class marketing organization.
- Clearly define & mobilize the mission, vision & strategy of Lyft Bikes & Scooters
- In collaboration with the rest of the executive team, help lead the strategy for our multi-model user experiences
- Continually assess the market, identifying strategic market needs & opportunities specific to LBS products & services across all current & future markets
- Develop positioning, messaging, & competitive differentiation that directs, supports, & enables strategic & collaborative cross-functional efforts between the Marketing, Product, Operations & Engineering organizations to increase market share, fuel growth & ensure a uniform experience across channels (both in & out of product).
- Be the voice of the customer to influence the product organization & roadmap using data & insights from the analytics organization & third parties;
- In conjunction with the marketing leadership team, define LBS strategic narrative to our users.
- Scale the LBS marketing team by: continuing recruitment of top talent; structuring the team to align efficiently with the Product, Growth, Ops, Enterprise & Marketing teams; implementing best-practices.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 12+ years managerial experience required. Must have built & led large teams with a track record of high impact across marketing, product and/or operations teams
- 10+ years direct experience in Consumer Product/Brand Experience
- 5+ years hardware and/or hardware management experience
- Brand architecture & consumer segmentation experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit & previous experience in early startups. You think outside of the box & are resourceful & fiscally responsible
- Quantitative by nature: strong analytical thinker, making data-driven decisions & obsessed with process improvement
- Gravitas/Leadership: Experience leading a team that is aligned with extremely cross-functional stakeholders. Skillfully scaling the marketing organization into an efficient & effective powerhouse team; demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring, coaching & retaining a high-performing team
- Insight driven, analytical thinker: Track record of leveraging both internal user data & consumer insights work to help define the product experience. Lives & breathes the user experience by having immersed themselves in user trends, research & live interactions. Complements all decisions with supportive analytics & has shown a bias to test/measure performance continuously.
- Compelling Storyteller*: Passionate about engaging & educating customers by delivering a compelling (and Lyfty) message through deep understanding of users met & unmet needs. Proven ability to develop & implement strong messaging that is aligned to the companys mission both proactive & reactive - in order to drive excitement & energy to best serve our customers & significantly improve performance. Strong understanding of customer needs/wants & integrates insights into messages that delight our customers.
- Execution: Works effectively across functions to ensure the best outcome for the business. Has an entrepreneurial own the outcome mindset, applied at scale & through working with others. Ruthless about the prioritization of goals, strategies & individual tasks. Should create a culture of pride in flawless execution, timely delivery & quality delivery, always.
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.