PulsePoint, a global programmatic advertising platform with specialized healthcare expertise, fuses the science of programmatic targeting, distribution & optimization with the art of brand engagement. The PulsePoint platform is powered by terabytes of impression-level data, allowing brands to efficiently engage the right audiences at scale while helping publishers increase yield through actionable insights.
As a part of the Technical Operations team you will work with the best & brightest in AdTech.As a part of this team you will be challenged, expected to grow your technical knowledge, challenge your fellowteam members, & they will challenge you back. Our team is not competitive, but we are goal orientated & driven to succeed.
What you'll be doing:
- Deploying, configuring, monitoring & maintaining 1000+ Linux servers globally, across multiple datacenters
- Perform planning, configuration, deployment & maintenance work relevant to the environment
- Managing the large-scale Linux infrastructure to ensure maximum up-time
- Developing & documenting system configuration standards & procedures
- Performance & reliability testing. This may include reviewing configuration, software choices/versions, hardware specs, etc.
- Participate a 24x7 on call rotation supporting the server infrastructure & be willing to jump on escalated issues as needed
- Advancing our technology stack with innovative ideas & new creative solutions
Who are you:
- Collaboration is in your DNA. You enjoy contributing to a mutual cause, that is why you know when the team succeeds, you succeed.
- You are always looking for ways to grow your skills. You are hungry to learn new technologies & sharing your insights with your team.
- You like a big picture perspective & also digging into the fine details. You can think strategy but also dive into complex systems break them down & build them back better.
- You are a proactive problem solver. You are irked by an unreliable infrastructure & your first instinct is to find ways to fix it.
What youll need:
- Thorough understanding of Linux ( we use CentOS in production )
- Deep understanding of Puppet configuration management tool
- You know what git is & can easily resolve a merge conflict
- Advanced knowledge of K8s & its ecosystem
- Experience administering SQL/NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with scalable infrastructure monitoring solutions such as Icinga, Graphite/Grafana, ELK
- Any scripting language (Python/Ruby/Shell etc)
- Understanding of basic networking concepts ( TCP/IP stack, DNS, CDN, load balancing )
Bonus, but not required:
- Mesosphere stack
- Train/mentor junior-level staff
- Experience in AdTech or High-Frequency Trading a plus
- Experience with Security-related best practices a plus
What youll get:
- Sane work hours (with flexible scheduling)
- Competitive Salary & 401K Plan Match
- Generous paid vacation (we consider your birthday a holiday)
- Sabbatical at 5 years of employment
- Health & Wellness Fairs
- The opportunity to partake in our Office Fitness Shape-Up Program
- Professional training anddevelopment budget
- Annual Company Retreat
- Complimentary membership to local programs like NYC CitiBike
- Corporate Discount to New York Sports Club (NYSC)
- Free team lunches twice a month
- Team happy hours & beer-o-clock Fridays
- Awesome snacks: drink bar, coffee bar, ice cream bar, candy bar & fruit bar
- The opportunity to join our Company SportsTeams
- Indoor dart wars, PAC-MAN, Basketball & Ping-Pong Tournaments