Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. Our work on tech spans several areas: building innovative consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more. And we work alongside a talented set of technologists with Product, Engineering, & Design forming a tight, high-performing team.
As a Director of Product, youll play a critical role in evolving the digital experience for Oscar members, overseeing teams committed to making it easier for members to understand & use their insurance coverage. Youll work closely with our Marketing & Member Services teams developing strategies for driving digital engagement with a surface area that ranges from our mobile app & member website to the systems & tools that power Oscars unique customer service model.
- Experienced. You have been a product manager & managed product managers for 7+ years & can coach & mentor individual contributors as well as people managers.
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; youre curious by nature & excited to get into the details & become an expert in health insurance infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- Strategic & analytical. You can turn new, vague ideas into implementable projects & identify new opportunities that move the needle. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible.
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem & create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational & system details.
- Design focused:
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines & bring everyone together using clear communication & strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we cant fix all of them at once! Where will you start & why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others & can also take the lead on larger cross-functional projects.
- Organized. You are a natural at project managing multiple small & large projects at the same time & getting things done.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, & nice. (No jerks allowed!)
Your day-to-day will include:
- Setting the direction for a collection of teams working on digital features & internal tools that make health insurance breathtakingly easy to use & understand, & articulating a clear strategy for your area to stakeholders across the business from our leadership committee to department leads to individuals working on the teams
- Collaborating with Engineering & Product leadership to make resource & staffing decisions
- Partnering with Marketing on key cross-functional initiatives related to digital engagement
- Ensuring that consistent process is being applied across the coverage experience tech teams
- Mentoring, coaching & providing support to a team of PMs, SPMs, & managers
- Coordinating & organizing work across multiple perspectives & functions within Oscar.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.