FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
About the role
Were hiring an experienced Senior Manager, Media & Acquisition to drive significant revenue growth through the management of our National & Local TV, Radio, Video (OTT, SVOD, AVOD, CTV, etc.), OOH (all forms), Direct Mail, & other emerging & highly scalable channels across FanDuel Group. As Senior Manager, Media & Acquisition, you will be responsible for identifying, scaling & validating cost-effective media plans across key channels to achieve revenue growth across key funnel KPIs & improved brand health metrics. You will develop strategic media plans, use analytics to inform decisions & drive execution to optimize a significant marketing budget against company goals.
The ideal candidate will know how to build & scale complex marketing campaigns across a complex & evolving media environment, has demonstrated experience managing & building a team to achieve results & is able to define & clearly communicate the strategic direction.
- Manage multiple external agency partners across key channels & work to integrate agencies with each other & in other areas of the marketing organization to help elevate the entire marketing program
- Lead strategy of key channels within the media mix & help teams define approach to set strategies & develop media plans
- Work with other senior members of the Marketing & Commercial teams, including Growth, Brand/Creative, Partnerships, Product Marketing, FP&A, MarTech & Analytics to define the role media plays in building a first-class real-money gaming brand
- Finalize & present media objective & strategy documents for larger efforts & quarterly & annual planning
- Steward budgeting, forecasting, invoicing & reconciliations for key channels
- Develop DOE to validate an understanding of incrementally, creative performance(messaging, offer, brand recall, etc). & investment level
- Provide continuous assessment of traditional, social & digital proficiencies & areas for improvement
- Help define the role of media integrations & sponsorships to achieve brand & Commercial objectives
- Support team & league valuations & activation of those partnerships
- Look for innovative & breakthrough ideas, approaches & solutions opportunities to expand existing media mix through rigorous partner sourcing, testing & validation & scaled plan
- Manage negotiations for high value and/or complex media deals & partner/agency scope & compensation models
- Build channel framework to optimize investment by evolving from a CPA/Volume view to a ROAS or cost of revenue operating model.
- Interview, hire, train, mentor, develop & evaluate team members
- Foster an environment that encourages intelligent risk taking, innovation & creativity
- Evolve our understanding of the competitive landscape & enhance our planning & execution by leveraging reporting & insights across the organization
- Drive analysis, reporting & insights & dissemination of such information for key channels and
- Drive & prioritize key analytics projects for respective channels
- A bachelors degree with strong academic record and/or proven relevant experience in a performance marketing or highly commercial role.
- Minimum 6 years of media planning & buying experience across traditional, digital & social. Agency experience is a plus.
- Worked across multiple brands & local & national markets managing budgets of $100MM+
- Proven background in e-commerce and/or subscription business models
- At least 4 years of team management & inspiring leadership experience
- Substantial experience working with performance marketing metrics (CPM, CPI, CPA, CPC & LTV).
- Tactical experience working with specific digital & offline channels preferred (Display, Social, Search, Mobile & Affiliate, Inserts, Direct Mail).
- A strategic mind & can derive insights, recommendations & action plans from qualitative market trends, consumer feedback & large data sets
- Sports category or partner experience useful but not required
- Outstanding organizational skills, project management skills, & ability to multi-task
What you get in return:
Beyond working with such a great team!
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- 401K with company contribution match
- Generous healthcare & value creation share plan
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on!
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential