As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as aSenior Manager -Regulatory Compliance & Audit,we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors, & merchants worldwide to develop & deliver on our commitment to be the best way to pay & be paid. To deliver on this critical mission, our focus is on Regulatory Compliance, Risk & Control for Client Services, ensuring that the risk in our environment is well understood, managed & with effective controls in place.
Reporting to the Head of Global Service Excellence, & partnering with Regulatory, Risk, & Audit teams, this role will be responsible for Regulatory compliance, process effectiveness assessments & audits for Client Services.
The role works independently, based in Paddington with requirement for occasional travel.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Develop & deliver Enterprise Risk practices across the wider Client Services team
- Engage & collaborate with Regulatory, Risk, & Audit teams to fulfil operational governance requirements on behalf of Visa in Europe
- Lead & manage internal & external audits on behalf of Client Services
- Responsible for analyzing, monitoring, & minimizing business risks, ensuring conformance to Regulatory, Audit, & Risk compliance, through enforcing strong control policies & procedures
- Performs control testing & quality control reviewsto ensure timely & accurate completion of compliance activities within Client Services both in Europe, & globally
- Provide oversight & reporting to internal senior stakeholders on performance against audits & controls
- Ensure revised standards are maintained, & that near misses are resolved in order to avoid future issues
- Gather & interrogate compliance evidence & artifacts, scrutinizing to ensure validity, then resolving potential issues prior to submission, thus pre-empting & preventing incorrect outcomes
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all products & operational processes that have a bearing on Europe
- Post incident & crisis, work with cross functional teams to determine, implement & communicate opportunities to improve the operational controls, & the efficiency & effectiveness of our processes & procedures
- Post incident & crisis, document & provide client facing teams with executive summaries; collaborating with stakeholders to ensure initial cause; & improvement initiatives are understood
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in the payment industry (or similar) experience required, preferably with a compliance, regulatory or risk background
- Experience in leading/matrix management of dynamic & multi-cultural teams, with shifting priorities in delivering commitments
- Proven strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels both internally & externally to the organisation. This includes the proven ability to articulate complex problems in a non-complex way, demonstrating the need & value of driving change
- Ability to work accurately with a sense of urgency, delivering to tight deadlines
- Knowledge & experience with Visa products
- Exceptional personal accountability & the highest of ethical standards
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of being connectedin the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.