Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And were growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people & technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you & to advance the human spirit.
Magic Leap is seeking a Lead Engineer in embedded mobile operating systems.. Provide your expertise to help us design, optimize, & develop an operating system capable of supporting the most optimal user experience ever seen.
If you are the successful candidate, you will get to work on a system that requires strict timing tolerances under heavy loads, novel approaches to displaying content, & much more. You will get to make tough technical decisions that help shape the direction of our product.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a significant track record of working on embedded device drivers.
- Architect, Design, Implement, Debug HW-SW drivers for the Magic Leap Platform, including but not limited to device drivers for memory (flash & DDR), SPI, I2C, & GPIO drivers. Architecture, Design will include writing the driver input/output details, peripheral usage, & memory usage details. Implementation will be done to meet product ship acceptance timelines.
- Architect, Design, Implement, Linux IOCTLs for the Magic Leap Platform. These will be specific to the Magic Leap platform & can enhance the performance of the device by providing optimized kernel APIs to allow data to flow more efficiently. API changes will have to be documented to allow smooth integration with other software teams.
- Debug timing, race conditions, memory issues on a daily basis in a timely manner which may include use of JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers, etc.
- Part of team to deliver full Platform SW to rest of Magic Leap SW team, this includes writing drivers for all needed hardware peripherals, writing the software to boot the Operating System (including memory initialization, & platform initialization).
- Assist factory with debugging HW-SW issues related to HW bring up; in order to build Magic Leap hardware with quality & deliver units on time to various other teams.
- Work with other teams: HW, apps SW, middleware SW to debug cross-functional issues such as memory corruption, timing & performance issues. Write reports on the problem statement & how it was solved to be used as reference for future issues.
- 8+ years experience in embedded software development
- Fluent in C & C++ development
- Experience with embedded development practices
- Experience desired in Linux & other micro kernels, with sensitivity to performance, memory utilization, security & extensible architectures
- Experience with kernel crash analysis & resolution
- Experience in writing drivers for various peripherals over various interfaces: I2C, SPI, USB, PCIE
- Experience with using JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers & other debuggers
- Experience in designing & implementing asynchronous or concurrent multithreaded systems
- Must understand common protocols for communication with hardware & other software modules
- Must be a good communicator & self-motivated to complete projects, & enjoy hw-sw debugging
- 2-4 years experience with real-time & time-critical systems
- Experience in a high-volume production environment
- Experience with commonly-used mobile operating systems (i.e. Android or iOS)
- Ability to work directly with hardware team for device bring up & debugging a plus
- Experience with embedded databases & interprocessor communication is a plus
- Experience with ACPI & bios development is a plus.
- BA/BS is required
- MS or higher is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.