About the People Team
The People Team at Harry's is here to make Harrys a better place to do great work, grow our people, & build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, & curious people-loving-people to join us!
About the Role
As the People Operations Manager, you will be an integral part of the People Team with a focus on US & UK benefits, payroll, immigration & leave of absence management. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who is excited about creating & refining our foundational processes to better support our employee experience.
Communication & collaboration will be key for this role as you will work very closely with the rest of the people team as well as our cross-functional partners in Finance & Legal. You will also be a critical support for employees, handling confidential questions & concerns quickly & effectively.
What you will accomplish:
- Be the first point of contact for employees on our US & UK benefit programs. This includes managing our benefits onboarding session & enrollment process in our HRIS, Ultipro, & resolving routine benefit questions.
- Partner with benefit providers & brokers on the day-to-day management of our health & welfare plans & ensure Harrys is in compliance with all US & UK regulations (including compliance testing, form 5500 filings, plan docs, & plan audits). Reconcile carrier invoices to ensure enrollment accuracy.
- Run accurate & on time payroll processes for both the US & UK, & ensure we remain compliant with all country, state, & local payroll & tax requirements. Handle payroll & tax reconciliations & audits & partner with Finance on year-end reporting.
- Own employee data accuracy including entering new hires, terminations, compensation changes & transfers. Additionally, you will find opportunities to improve the data captured & the processes for making data changes.
- Serve as primary point of contact for employees & People Business Partners on immigration-related matters & visa filings. Interface with immigration attorneys & ensure filings are completed timely, & immigration files are kept up to date.
- Work with employees & our People Business Partners on Leave of Absence & Accommodation requests. Manage the leave process & paperwork, including Family Medical Leave, statutory filings for disability & NY Paid Family Leave benefits.
This should describe you:
- You have 5+ years of experience on a People Team, with direct experience in benefits and/or payroll. Ultimate Software experience a plus!
- You sweat the small stuff. Youre highly organized, meticulous about detail & accuracy & get excited about process improvement.
- You have excellent judgment. You have a strong ability to independently make prudent, well-informed decisions & maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Youre great at multitasking & work well with fast-changing priorities. You can juggle (not literally but that skill is welcome too!) multiple projects & tasks at the same time without losing focus. You know how to preserve through all challenges while staying positive.
- You understand that the nature of Ops is highly collaborative & a cross-functional support department & get excited to partner with others
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director, People Operations
- Partner closely with the People Development & Recruiting teams
- Work cross-functionally with our US & UK Finance & Legal teams
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.