TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful & interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen & several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journals Best Places Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 & 2020
- DataBird journals Best Places Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 & #1 2020
About the Job
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a key member of the Finance team helping guide a rapidly growing technology company innovating at the intersection of data-driven digital marketplaces & the gig economy. The owner of this role will possess strong business acumen, advanced analytical skills, & a passion for operational finance. By partnering with operational teams & helping translate their work to financial impact using sophisticated & tailor-made models, you will help drive performance across the organization. You will perform complex analytical studies to support business objectives & provide recommendations to senior leadership. You are a highly motivated, analytical individual with a strong sense of ownership & business ethics to deliver quality work on a daily basis.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
We are looking for someone with a demonstrated strong quantitative/analytical foundation above & beyond a command of financial planning & analysis. You will be expected to:
- Perform ad hoc financial & operational analyses in support of the Director of Strategic Finance & different business units.
- Work with highly analytical & quantitative teams such as Data & Pricing to evaluate data, derive insights, & tie directly to financial strategy
- Revamp reporting packages & modeling to provide high quality, accurate & actionable long-term financial planning.
- Own, build, & maintain financial reports, models, & periodic forecasts.
- Lead the development of short & long-term financial performance targets.
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiencies & partner with the different business units to execute large-impact initiatives.
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Finance, Engineering or related field. MBA, CFA or equivalent desirable.
- 4+ years of corporate finance & data analytics experience.
- Strong modeling skills - a spreadsheet wizard.
- Demonstrated experience applying analytical techniques such as regression, optimization, simulation, & statistical analyses is critical.
- Experience with programming, statistical packages, and/or valuation analyses are highly desirable.
- Experience in an earlier stage tech company - should be at ease in a fast-paced, technical environment & be familiar with engineering terminology & cadences.
- Comfortable with creating crisp presentations aimed at driving strategic decisions & delivering these to senior leadership.
- Self-starter with a determined mindset who can creatively solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Comfortable with ambiguity & effective at juggling multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated, enjoy working in teams, & thrive working independently.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience & comfort interacting with code, such as running SQL queries.
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-dos, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, & much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the worlds largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether its a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, were imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion & hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries & 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, were creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, & fast-paced. Were looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded & data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - & have a ton of fun while theyre at it.
Youll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin & London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, & kind leaders & teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present & partner with our team & communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity & go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse & sustainable community & encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship & are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team & leadership, & we strive to recruit & retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous & flexible vacation & holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning & development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, & a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical & mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.