Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We are a seeking a Head of Organizer & Member Acquisition, who will be responsible for defining the vision, strategy & execution for how we acquire new members & organizers on Meetup. Were looking for a data-driven marketing & product leader who wants to drive the Meetup business by dramatically increasing the number of people who join Meetup & become a paying organizer. As Head of Organizer & Member Acquisition, you will play a pivotal role in building out a whole new function & skill-set at Meetup one that sparks explosive growth in the number of organizers & members on the platform.
This is a big job. Building the flywheel of a marketplace business is largely in this individuals hands. Growing more members to attend meetups drives more organizers which in turn results in more members. This role is at the heart of driving the future of this company.
This leader will be both partnering with senior execs as well as directing the priorities of dedicated product, design & engineers. You'll need to be highly data driven, a great communicator & collaborator, in addition to a great leader of people & projects.
What youll do:
- Serve as a the leader of all things customer acquisition, email & SEO
- Create & execute a roadmap that rapidly increases member & organizer acquisition, both on-platform (product/design) & off-platform (digital marketing expertise)
- Effectively manage & scale a high-performance team; using a mix of internal & external resources
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across design, product, engineering & marketing to identify opportunities to drive revenue growth
- Lead a rigorous, data-driven team which learns quickly through a high quantity of A/B tests
- Develop an intimate understanding of our customers in order to effectively target new ones
- Leverage opportunities to acquire customers across existing platforms with 50MM+ registered users & 5MM+ MAUs showing up to 400k events monthly
- Develop the companys expertise in paid marketing. This does not mean working with an agency, but means building the capability fully in house.
- Own the paid marketing budget & resources
- Develop & maintain reporting on the efficiency of marketing efforts & spend
- Drive meaningful spend to get LTV to exceed CAC.
Youre the ideal teammate if you have:
- 10+ years of experience working in direct-to-consumer digital subscription businesses and/or marketplaces
- A deep understanding of the dynamics of a two-sided marketplace
- An ability to drive revenue growth via both paid marketing & product development
- An approach that is intensely analytical & data-driven
- Deep experience in leveraging Facebook, GDN, search & other channels to drive acquisitions
- A thorough understanding of landing page development & optimization to improve marketing effectiveness
- Meaningful experience in email marketing. Experience in driving high signal to noise ratio so that volume is decreased meaningfully with minimal impact to conversions
- A proven track record for building & leading great teams
- A sense of what to accelerate & what to de-prioritize
- Creativity, & you bring forward innovative ideas
- A passion for bringing people together, creating community and changing Lives
This is an exciting time to join as a Meetup executive. After 16 years of leadership by our Founder, we recently welcomed a new CEO to the company. We are now going through the process of re-evaluating our priorities & business model as we shift from a subscription business to a two-sided marketplace. Executives who join will be part of this highly dynamic strategy process that will impact our future for years to come. We are also a year into being acquired by WeWork, an amazing partner who continues to significantly invest in our growth.
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. We were recently acquired by WeWork, & the company is investing significantly in our growth. You in?