Genius is looking for our first Senior Integrated Marketing Designer to conceptualize & create visual expressions for Geniuss marketing materials, including graphic & motion work across a variety of mediums.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing & working closely with the Head of Design, this person will develop innovative & brand-defining experiential, presentation materials & all other assets, collateral, & brand extensions. The ideal candidate will have an obsession with creative excellence & innovation, & a genuine desire to seek unique & surprising ways to build a passionate fan base for Genius.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Travis Scott, Billie Eilish, & Ariana Grandecome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
To learn more check out our sizzle, & follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, & Youtube.
- Lead responsibility to conceptualize, design & implement business style guides as it relates to marketing materials
- Own all sales materials design including campaign calendars, RFP template, mocks template (Instagram Stories, Instagram, IGTV, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok), video franchises one-sheets, wrap deck template, media kit, & more
- Develop & maintenance of intranet as it pertains to marketing collateral & pre-sales microsite, video reels, brand general presentation, merchandising & premiums for sales team, etc.
- Develop dynamic creative mocks for larger editorial initiatives & company tentpoles from tight presentations that include mood boards, title design, color palette & well-researched design reference through execution of all components & assets needed to maximize success
- Play an integral role in the development & execution of the marketing/sales style guide for a fully deliberated, purposeful, & memorable new brand identity
- Work in lockstep with the product team to create dynamic elevated mocks to support tentpoles, major franchises & key editorial / brand moments
- Conceptualize & execute motion work, including packages for video series to custom social video to gifs & any other animated needs
- Support sales marketing department through preparation of proposal at all times of high demand
- Create a formidable asset library that can be uniquely Genius
- Minimum 6+ years of multi-platform design experience
- Strong in typography design
- Strong layout & visual skills
- Extremely organized & able to prioritize & multitask
- Strong conceptual & presentation skills be able to stand behind your work & your design choices while being flexible to pivot direction when needed
- Excitement around the Genius brand & its potential; as well as a passion for music & the lifestyle that surrounds it
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, & Keynote, PowerPoint, & basic web knowledge