ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Data drives our organization. As a Senior Data Engineer at FanDuel, you will help us unlock the full potential of our vast amounts of real-time & relational data, provide our business with insight, & delight our customers with a world-class personalized experience. You will help us turn every click our users make, every bet, every touchdown, every fumble, & every play into a real-time stream of knowledge allowing us to make better & faster decisions outplaying our competition.
In this role, you will partner with other data & software engineering teams building our online applications, & our analysts who make the data mean something. You will help us build automated tools that will organize, model, & present our data as a coherent product & offer it to our stakeholders, providing a common information framework that allows FanDuel to intelligently react to what is happening on the field & in the marketplace.
If you are an experienced data engineer or an engineer from other disciplines who may be looking to make the move to a big data environment we want to hear from you!
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will use your skills & experience to solves difficult software problems & implement simple high-quality solutions that are logical, testable, maintainable, & efficient. You will make technical & design approach trade-off decisions.
You will work typically on bigger features & major portions of software. You will design, develop, & test pipeline code. You will scope out work, identify effective solutions, & coordinate as needed across teams. You will review code & provide constructive direction. You will work mostly independently & as a mentor of junior staff.
As Senior Data Engineer, you will also assist with operational support, working to identify & resolves root causes; & work to ensure the reliability & stability of the FanDuel data intrastructure.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
Skills you have now or will quickly develop a deep understanding for:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge & experience working with relational databases
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, & workload management.
- Mastery of ETL/ELT technologies & concepts
- Experience with dbt
- Knowledge of data integrity & relational rules
- Experience in a large data warehouse environment
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies is critical
- Proficiency with agile or lean development practices
- Expertise with writing Python or equivalent ETL scripts
Data engineering is a rapidly changing field most of all, were looking for someone who enjoys experimenting, keeping their finger on the pulse of current data engineering tools, & always thinking about how to do something better
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.