People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce & create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuits Small Business & Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs & improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp & QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking a Director of Global Marketing Operations to join our growing Lifecycle Marketing & Operations team. This is a new role, responsible for Marketing Technology & Operations internationally. All marketing, from Prospecting & Events through Onboarding & Engagement to Retention is executed by this team. It is a highly cross-functional role requiring both strategic & tactical execution, exceptional technical acumen & the ability to build & lead a team. Its a great opportunity to design from the ground up, using your previous experience to input into the marketing strategy & make recommendations on how to use technology to take that strategy to the next level.
What youll do here:
- Build your team & foster a growth mindset, dedicating time to coaching & development & elevating the value created by each individual.
- Deliver on the Mailchimp vision to create omni-channel personalized experiences in real time across all touchpoints. To do this youll architect the marketing technology infrastructure & use the right tools to enhance the current customer experience working closely with various teams across the business.
- Be accountable for the Mailchimp Marketing Technology strategy, architecture & implementation including integration & configuration with multiple data sources in partnership with our GTM technology team.
- Partner with the Data Services team to implement a CDP (Segment) ensuring optimal setup to unlock capabilities that will support the delivery of the Marketing strategy.
- Own the Lifecycle Marketing Operations strategy across multiple countries.
- Collaborate closely internally, building partnerships across GTM, Sales Ops, Customer Success & Data Engineering to deliver the best experiences for the end-customer
- Define & optimize build & implementation processes, workflows, & automations that drive team effectiveness.
- Work with key partners (including analytics, marketing & sales teams) to gain qualitative & quantitative insights to understand levers to create omni-channel & personalized customer experiences across all platforms.
- Champion best in class practices when it comes to data governance & data integrity ensuring customer preferences are respected across all channels.
- Create an ongoing training program for all MarTech tools & processes including ideation sessions for new feature releases to ensure the latest capabilities are always being utilized.
- Work with the Senior Director of Lifecycle Marketing & Operations to define the operating model & ways of working across the team evaluating the benefits of agile methodologies to deliver regularly & iteratively.
- Manage multiple databases & define processes to ensure we uphold high data hygiene standards. Youll continuously improve & optimize processes & develop & execute a strategy for monitoring & improving gaps in data health & ESP performance.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have a 10+ years experience in marketing operations or marketing automation roles with at least 5 of those in operations.
- Have significant expertise in automation platforms, CDPs & data visualization software & can get into the technical setup & implementation of these tools.
- You have strong data management abilities including data hygiene & quality assurance & can implement processes to ensure global compliance.
- You are up-to-date with the latest trends & best practices in marketing operations & marketing technology & actively seek growth & learning opportunities.
- You consider yourself an expert in SMB SaaS marketing best practices, including understanding the nuances of tech requirements.
- You have strong leadership & communication skills to drive recommendations, articulate trade-offs & communicate results & plans.
- You are customer obsessed & understand the need to put customers at the center of all programs & engage with them seamlessly across all touch points in real-time.
- You can set a clear vision & help the team achieve it at the highest level of craft.
- You have excellent analytical skills & problem solving capabilities & collaborate courageously to get the job done.
- You have experience working cross-functionally & managing senior level stakeholders, both technical & non-technical.
- You can use your knowledge to make a difference within an organization & have the tenacity to push things forward & sustain momentum.
- You know how to inspire & motivate others to achieve their best work.
- You have a competitive spirit with a strong bias for action for constant rapid testing, learning & improvement.
How youll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable & measurable leadership actions & skills that contribute to our effectiveness & success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs & how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other & execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel & make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, & contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes & failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself & others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company & work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity & earn the confidence & trust of others through honesty & authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization & leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture & drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, & deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities & face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm & service
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We dont just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, & hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. Were dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what were looking for (even if you dont check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start & grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, & inspiring content. Millions of businesses & individualsfrom community organizations to Fortune 100 companiestrust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 & based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, & Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks & benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers & give you ample opportunity to grow & succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression & gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants & employees based on any of these protected categories, & complies with all applicable state & federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.