Synthesio is a global organization with offices in NY, London, Paris, Brussels & Singapore. Best way to define us is as an established startup with a team of about 140 employees, created in 2006 & which is recently part of IPSOS group, one of the global market research leader.
We are a technology company that provides a Social Intelligence platform to our customers that allows them to make sense of the chatter that goes on throughout social media. Essentially, we pull large sets of unstructured conversations that occur on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram etc, blogs, forums, & using our proprietary technology & AI analyse & provides data in many different visualizations, to enable marketing professionals to optimize their decisions & strategy for their business
Our culture is:
Global: Global organisation, very flat, we interact daily with all offices, all time zones, more than 30 different cultures, so we appreciate being open minded, respectful.
Simple: We take pride in finding simple solutions to complex problems, so we look for scalable solutions, we are prone to looking for/ giving feedback, being assertive, honest.
Fun: We believe that autonomy, trust, conviviality, being one self & have fun is the best way to flourish & give the best of oneself
About the role
You will join an engineering team of various (brilliant) persons & take on many challenges, such as:
- Work on the user interfaces of our products while being in constant contact with the data engineering team
- Improve our development workflow
- Build a consistent ecosystem with different Web products
- Automatize the process so much that we deploy to production almost everyday (continuous delivery)
Our Tech Stack
- Multiple projects with either Angular or React
- Docker images to be ready the first day to push & deploy
- Legacy part with Backbone, Browserify grunt, gulp...
- Lots & lots of Unit Tests to be safe with Jest, Mocha, Enzyme
- Continuous Integration with Gitlab CI & Jenkins
- An internal Sass framework to avoid to redesign buttons each weeks
- Documentation Driven Development
- A cli toolchain to automate & simplify all the things
- Spotify squad inspiration to release every 2 weeks
- Monitoring dashboard built with chart.io (next time with Grafana)
- Massive data querying 750TB+ Elasticsearch, 500TB+ MySQL, 50TB+ ScyllaDB
- Service monitoring (20+ HTTP APIs, 25+ Processing Daemons)
- Data engineering based on Go, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Kafka...
We Are we Looking for
- Youre excited to start from scratch to build a scalable & modern web application by using patterns, simple & reusable components for complex UIs
- You always clarify requirements & solve complex problems as if they are simple
- Youre committed to quality as a top priority - you pay attention to what to say, what you code, what you document & what you release
- Youre excited to mentor other teammates & teach them what you've learned, how you've succeeded & where you've failed
- You have a point of view - without trolling - with the patience to explain it
- Legacy codebase VS Unit Tested codebase: it doesnt affect your way of working
- You enjoy to try, learn & mentor
- Fluent in English AND French. This includes written, speaking & reading
What we offer