Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds. Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
You are passionate about defence/security, international relations, politics & technology. Youwill have prior experience working in a first response capacity with thegovernment or military. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process, servingas an in-house resource to help define factors that are important to our Public Sector clients andprovide feedback for algorithm assessment & improvement. You love being at the forefront of breaking events!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in defence
- Intimate knowledge of defence first response priorities
- Previous security clearance preferred
- Strong understanding of social media platforms & their relevance to & impact on national security
- Overseas experience with a government or military entity
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Foreign language expertise a plus
- Ability to monitor & analyse data quickly
- Experience in a real-time/breaking news environment
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar & proofreading skills
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch & snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy & applicable data protection laws. By providing your details & applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.