Grow Your Category & Deliver an Incredible Shopping Experience
Have It:Provide the best Women's Fashion Footwear assortment for our customers. Work with vendors to build & create the assortment through branded & private label product. Negotiate pricing & agreements to ensure the best product offering. Then manage & monitor the on-boarding & item set up processes to make sure products are available & ready to sell.
Find It:Ensure customers can easily browse & find the products they want on the site. Improve navigation experience (browse/search) by managing & enhancing product attributes & taxonomy.
Display It:Attract customers through compelling messaging (product titles & descriptions) & visual merchandising. Manage item & category pages including product imagery, rating reviews, basic & enhanced content.
Price It:Optimize item & category pricing, providing competitive pricing for our customers. Manage product margins & benchmark competitors.
Deliver It:Work cross-functionally with the teams from the warehouse, studio, item-setup, etc to ensure customers receive their products quickly & efficiently. Create a cohesive experience between online shopping & the physical product.
Optimize It:Rinse & repeat. Conduct regular analyses of brand, department, & total category performance, identifying key trends & growth opportunities. Continually evolve the categorys assortment strategy through in-market expertise, knowledge & insights in fashion trends, & manage any assortment gaps & opportunities. Work with cross functional teams (across marketing, product & supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance.
How Youll Work
You own it:Category Specialists are the business owners for a product category. Your job is to blend art with science, combining your creative intuition, analytical skills, & passion for helping our customers to create the best fashion assortment & shopping experience. You will help identify emerging trends & brands & help ensure those are represented on the platform. You will own the category financial targets (e.g. GMV & margin), & identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets. You will work with the Category Planner & Category Manager to identify & communicate any risks & opportunities to sales & receipt plans.
You drive it:World-class interpersonal & persuasion skills will be required as you will be collaborating with vendors & coordinating cross-functional teams to make sure we sell what customers want. You will need to start with the customer & work backwards, decoding their needs & journeys. You will need to identify changes in customer purchasing trends & preferences & work to identify new brands or styles to accommodate those changes.
You lead it:Have an idea? Go for it. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues & have access to industry-leading merchandising tools & technology to help test & validate your ideas.
What You Should Have
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic background
- 3-6 years of relevant professional experience within e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management
- An interest in the fashion industry & the evolving retail landscape
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills
- A founders mentality & bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
- Strong attention to detail; scrutinize your assortment & polish the customer experience
- Strong communication & team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Negotiation & persuasion skills
- Ability to learn quickly; absorbing information & experiences & applying them
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects & competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, & drive projects to completion with minimum guidance & high attention to detail
Travel as needed.