Index is a global advertising technology company helping media owners monetize their digital content through advertising so that consumers can continue enjoying free & open access to content online.
We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, & were looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can be solved at scale, & thats where the technical skills of our team make a real difference. Our exchange handles more than 220 billion requests every day (which is even more than the New York Stock Exchange), & every member of our engineering team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building code that supports that level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation, & long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe & transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
Whats it like to work at Index?
Index is an exciting & fast-paced place to work. Were built on our values of change, support, learning & teaching, trust, & intention. We pride ourselves on our independence & openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse & inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive & collaborative. In working together across our teams, were continually investing in the people & technology to solve the industrys most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, were looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, & the industry, forward.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We are looking for an ambitious & motivated Senior Software Engineer to join the ad tech space & build systems of massive scale. This role sits on our Parallel Bidding team who is responsible for securing access to valuable inventory though Prebid.js, Prebid server, & Index Exchange Library.
The work we do requires high quality code in a large & scalable deployment environment, complex problem solving, understanding of Agile software development, & the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We are looking for Engineers who want to be invested in the business & are aware of the impact their effort makes.
What Were Looking For:
- Leadership: You know how to work with a team of engineers, mentoring & guiding junior members as well as leveraging your own knowledge & experience to make sound decisions.
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions & creative ways to tackle problems while working with others amicably & presenting your viewpoints.
- Technical Curiosity: Learning new frameworks & languages excites you you are not satisfied with the status quo; we are always open to new ideas thats how we got where we are today & we need more.
What You Need:
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working with backend server side code in a large & scalable deployment environment
- Expertise in algorithms, performance optimization, design patters, & memory optimization
- Knowledge of real-time ad bidding for connected TV or in the mobile space is a nice to have
- You are a talented & fast learner who embraces change
- A strong desire to work with & learn from the talented people around you we greatly value people & interactions
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, & an understanding that compromise, negotiation & practicality are important qualities
We are looking for the right combination of personality & ingenuity to push our product to the max, inspire those around you & have fun doing it.
Why Youll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, & vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off & flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options & equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts & quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities & donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats & regular community-led team events
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classificationdiversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humilityIndex will welcome you.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.