WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brandsThe Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, & How He Askedwe inspire, inform, & cheer on our community as they move through lifes most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ASSISTANT PHOTO EDITOR ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Magazine seeks a talented, creative & enthusiastic Assistant Photo Editor with minimum 2+ years editorial experience to join our photo team of two. You're a match if you are resourceful, have a strong work ethic, are able to juggle a large volume of projects in a fast-paced environment & work within tight deadlines. This individual should be comfortable working independently & in a team identifying what works visually in the print & wedding industry.
You will report directly to the Photo Director & work closely with the art & editorial teams. The Assistant Photo Editor is a critical part of the creative department ensuring all high res needs are accounted for, while also contributing to real wedding selections, photo research & shoot production. The Knot produces a quarterly National magazine & biannual Regional issues.
- Photo editing & research, sourcing images from stock, PR contacts & photographers
- Comfortable sourcing imagery & clearance for images sourced through photo libraries & those posted on the wider reach of social media
- Working closely with the Senior Director of Real Weddings to understand trends in wedding photography & chose appropriate imagery from our real weddings collection to build an engaging story
- Assist the Photo Director with photo shoot production, model casting & administrative tasks
- Oversee the FOB still life fashion sections & produce shoots where possible
- Manage daily workflow of the Photo Department including organizing, managing & releasing hi-res images to production, file management & archiving images
- Collaborate with Photo Director, Design Director & Edit team on story development & visual concepts
- Clearing photos for cross-departmental use
- Compile caption & credit information
- Familiarity with photo contracts, usage rights, photo licensing & copyright
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years of editorial or photo experience
- Passionate about photography, fashion, style & all things weddings!
- Previous wedding industry experience would be ideal
- Editorial photo research & production experience, preferably within a magazine or media company. Able to source imagery that reflects our diverse young readership
- Highly organized, detail oriented, driven & assertive with an engaging & positive manner
- Ability to multitask, prioritize & thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of relevant software (Photoshop, Bridge, K4, Excel, Google Docs, etc.) is essential
- Maintain positive work ethic with high creative standards
- Archival, digital & social experience a plus
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users & put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve & delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful & act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isnt right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective & are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, & are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective & timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, & escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow & develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
Youll hear a lot about culture & perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation & generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks & Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.