Our passion for putting the user experience first has earned us the App Store Editors' Choice Award. You will contribute in the end-to-end development of our video engine & the long-term vision of Squarespace & Unfold on Apple devices.
Squarespace is seeking a Senior Android Engineer to join our creator content team. The team is a small, collaborative team responsible for the end-to-end development of our video engine & the platform which powers the foundation of Unfold. This role reports to our Engineering Team Lead in Dublin.
You will be part of the team who's responsibility is in acquiring new users, demonstrate the value of Unfold & help to convert them to subscribing customers. You have a passion for experimentation. You will bring a focus on detail & the data behind our results. The team operates as a cross-functional group, partnering across the Unfold organisation to achieve success.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- Build the next generation of the video engine for the Unfold platform.
- Prototype & build new capabilities within our engine new app & feature ideas
- Explore new technologies that lead video rendering & mobile technology
- Learn how to use the Android Video Codec APIs, Open GL EL & Vulkan to build engaging video experiences for our users
Who We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in Android development
- Expertise in Git, Kotlin, Android SDK, & API design
- Experience with interactive application development paradigms, memory management, & concurrency
- Experience with Coroutines or other reactive programming styles
- Have published one or more applications in the Google Play Store or other marketplaces
- MediaCodec & MediaParser API experience is a benefit but not essential
- Knowledge of shaders & their role in image & video processing is great but not essential
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Free lunch & snacks
- Close proximity to cultural landmarks such as Dublin Castle & St. Patrick's Cathedral
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.