Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Our NYC team is seeking a Chief Product Officer to lead our growing product & design team & guide our product roadmap. Reporting directly to & working closely with the CEO, youll play a pivotal role in developing the company's product strategy, vision, roadmap, & you will ship products that will spark explosive growth on & off the Meetup platform. This role is also much bigger than your typical CPO role in that in addition to overseeing product & design, the role also has brand marketing, product marketing, customer experience & support reporting to them - making this role one of the most critical roles in the company.
What youll do:
- Serve as a strategic partner to the CEO for the overall vision of Meetup Products - this includes the Core Meetup product as well as a number of important new business units
- Establish, communicate & iterate on the process for how product, design, & engineering work together to ship the highest quality software
- Collaborate with our GMs & CTO to lead & facilitate the efficient execution of ongoing planning for all products, in alignment with the product strategy
- Oversee & guide the direction of the product based on business & customer impact
- Be a key part of an executive team that is looking to meaningfully evolve its business model
- Work cross-functionally with an incredible team, along with various top-tier external partners, to ensure an extraordinary 'whole product' Meetup experience
- Manage discipline around measurement & reporting of success, including Key Performance Indicators, for each product offering
- Speak at conferences & Meetups as a key ambassador for the company
- Through mentorship & management, build a strong product leadership team that's empowered & effective at making strategic product decisions
- Work closely with a product-first, customer-centric, engineering team that's focused on building the future version of Meetup
Youre the ideal teammate if you have:
- 10+ years of experience working in direct-to-consumer digital subscription businesses or marketplaces
- A passion for bringing people together, creating community and changing Lives
- Deep experience working on consumer mobile products & have launched best-in-class iOS & Android apps
- An understanding of the dynamics of a two-sided marketplace
- A passion for building, developing, & empowering teams
- Extensive experience in lean product development & implementing lean processes throughout the organization
- Proven experience applying user growth frameworks & tactics
- Interest in real change management, not just keeping the lights on
- The ability to foresee, analyze, interpret & rapidly respond to market changes by adjusting strategies & realigning priorities accordingly
- An obsession with continuously improving the product organizations capacity & capability to iterate quickly, fail fast, & deliver results
This is an exciting time to join as a Meetup executive. After 16 years of leadership by our Founder, we recently welcomed a new CEO to the company. We are now going through the process of re-evaluating our priorities & business model as we shift from a subscription business to a two-sided marketplace. Executives who join will be part of this highly dynamic strategy process that will impact our future for years to come. We are also a year into being acquired by WeWork, an amazing partner who continues to significantly invest in our growth.
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. We were recently acquired by WeWork, & the company is investing significantly in our growth. You in?