Warby Parker is looking for a high-energy, innovative, & caring fill-in optometrist with a passion for delivering remarkable vision care in a collaborative environment. Our ideal candidate is a team player at heart who strives to exceed patient expectations & has a great attitude all the while. Sound like you? Keep reading!
What youll do:
- Perform excellent comprehensive eye exams in accordance with Warby Parkers protocol & standards of care
- Ensure flawless accuracy in taking measurements & diagnosing ocular conditions
- Explain eye health, eyewear, & prescription terminology to patients
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge & effectively communicate features & benefits to patients
- Act as a representative for our brand & help educate & excite others to establish Warby Parker as a leading vision service provider
Who you are:
- A Doctor of Optometry licensed in state they will practice
- Excited by a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Dedicated to making people healthy & happy
- Knowledgeable about (and eager to incorporate) new technology into your work
- Innovative, proactive, & entrepreneurial
- Business-minded & driven to deliver results
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in house, were able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lensesa fraction of the going price!).
In the last nine years, weve grown to over 100 retail locations in the U.S. & Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, & launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the worlds most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social & environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally & distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (Were big believers that businesses can scale & be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work & no play makes a dull day, & no one likes a dull day. As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to team outings, intramural sports, volunteering opportunities, & more. It also doesnt hurt that the team is just great company.