GIPHY is the worlds largest place to search, discover, & create all the GIFs. Were the leading brand in short-form entertainment & visual communication.
iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack, WhatsApp & many more all integrate against our API to serve GIFS to their millions of users across the globe. We serve over 5 billion GIFS every day to more than 300 million people.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals & are looking for like-minded, talented people to join us.
At GIPHY, were building the worlds largest animated GIF search engine & redefining how people search, discover, create, & share GIFs. Since 2014 we have been developing an all-in-one GIF platform with multiple product offerings, touching hundreds of millions of users per day & serving billions of GIFs per month.
Our BD team is responsible for originating & managing GIPHYs strategic partnerships. In that capacity, GIPHYs BD team works closely with the most important media & tech brands in the world. As we grow our platform product & business offerings were looking for an ambitious & experienced BD Manager who can help drive the team forward to bigger & better things.
You are someone who is comfortable taking meetings at any level, & who can work through a tricky product problem as easily as you can navigate a contractual negotiation. You will pitch GIPHY to our most important prospective partners & so you can craft a deck with the best of em.
As a GIPHY employee you exemplify our love for the internet & for pushing the boundaries of whats possible with content online.
This role will be based in New York City & may require some travel.
What You'll Do:
- Build & maintain strong relationships with senior executives in the consumer & advertising technology industries.
- Establish partnerships that drive significant contributions to GIPHYs business goals.
- Lead the deal process managing strategy/planning, prospecting, negotiation & implementation
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5+ years of work experience in business development or a relevant field
- Experience in & ability to negotiate agreements, interpret legal documents, & work with attorneys to complete agreements.
- Experience implementing product solutions with technology partners.
- Self-motivated & comfortable operating in a startup environment.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- You love GIFs & GIF culture
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, free catered lunch every day, fully covered Equinox or ClassPass gym membership & lots of other fun perks.