ROCKETS OF AWESOMEis reinventing the way parents shop for kids by leveraging technology, data, brand, personalization, & exceptional merchandise. Were making shopping for kids apparel convenient & funThis is the future of vertical commerce.
We are a New York City-based, venture-backed startup with extensive executive expertise. Join our creative & strategic team working to develop a scalable e-commerce system that powers a business with massive market opportunity. This team cultivates a culture of learning & continuous improvement by investing in automated testing, learning from real-world problems, & immediately adapting.
We value fun, simplicity, & teamwork.
About the role
We are looking for an Operations & TransportationCoordinator responsible for working with our Supply Chain & Merchandise teams, as well as our Logistics & Freight partners, to deliver a fantastic customer experience at Rockets of Awesome. The Operations & TransportationCoordinator will own & track all key logistics & transportation metrics, coordinate & track freight from factories to our distribution centers, work with our 3rdParty Logistics (3PL) partner to ensure accurate & timely inventory receipt & delivery of retail & wholesale shipments. This position will be the key contact with our transportation partners. & will also be involved in the day-to-day management & interaction with our 3PL team.
What youll do...
- Manage both freight & 3rdparty logistics partners to ensure timely & accurate delivery of inventory from factories to our distribution center & retail/wholesale partners.
- Track, report on, & understand all key metrics related to freight & logistics. Own daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual reporting of key logistics & operations metrics across the organization (basic proficiency with Excel required).
- Work cross-functionally with the Design & Production teams to coordinate & schedule with freight forwarding partners, with the Merchandise team to coordinate execution of outbound retail/wholesale shipments, & with Finance to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Work closely with our 3PL on retail/wholesale order execution special handling, routing requirements, labeling, & RTV shipments
- Own retail/wholesale order management including vendor setup, warehouse execution & RTV processing.
Were looking for someone who is...
- Passionate about operations.Genuinely interested in Direct-to-Consumer operations & in analyzing operations performance to deliver business performance
- A bit of a data geek.Exceptional analytical skills with a robust understanding of data
- A curious builder.Youre always looking to improve business operations performance & continually develop your own skills as the company grows & evolves
- An organized doerwith an exceptional ability to multitask, take initiative, & execute
- Experienced across channels.Hands-on experience with wholesale & retail orders
Other Requirements & Considerations
- 2-3 years of logistics & transportation experience, ideally with a consumer facing digital/ecommerce business
- Experience with an early to mid-stage startup working with a 3PL & coordinating delivery of freight & contributing to business operations
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in Business or Business Operations