Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, were one of Crains Best Places to work
- Were #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is hiring for a Senior Hospitality Manager to define, implement, & maintain hospitality standards across our US offices. This hire will have ownership of all aspects of the community experience for guests & employees, & will work collaboratively with our Facilities team, Admin staff, & design partners to ensure a welcoming experience for all who enter our professional home & flawless execution of any events we host.
As our growth continues, the Senior Hospitality Manager will ensure continuity of our hospitality standards when moving existing teams into larger spaces or opening offices in new locations. Additionally, this hire will lead a team of direct reports, including Executive Assistants, Receptionists, & others, & should bring ample managerial tact to maximize the potential of each of those individuals. The ideal candidate will approach their responsibilities with creativity, innovation, & efficiency in mind.
- A highly proactive self starter
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in supervising a variety of disciplines in order to optimize CX
- Experience in vendor & contractor management
- History of spearheading hospitality initiatives in new office spaces
- Ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, & anticipate potential problems before they arise
- Humility & accountability
- Experience in a high-growth environment
- 5+ years in a related position or field
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.