WHO WE ARE
Vox Medias Revenue organization handles advertising & marketing partnerships with brands & agencies, as well as lines of business in consumer revenue & commerce across the organization.
Vox Media is the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
As a community of journalists & storytellers, business professionals, creators & technologists, we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
Vox Media is looking for a hard-working, fast-moving, beauty-obsessed associate editor to join our well-known beauty clients dedicated content team. In this role, you will pitch, write, & produce search engine-optimized articles about beauty trends across makeup, hair, & skin care categories & more.
Our ideal candidate is a beauty lover with a smart, fun voice & strong organizational skills, a knowledge of SEO, a stickler for AP Style, & an understanding of the type of content that performs. If youve got a passion for beauty & love to write, we want to talk to you!
WHAT YOULL DO
- Pitch, write, & produce daily content for a beauty clients websites
- Rework seasonal, timely, & evergreen articles with focus on SEO
- Write or update product description pages as needed
- Prioritize workload & work with senior team to prioritize when help is needed
- Assist with editing as needed
- Bring clients products to life through editorial content, writing in the voice & tone of each site
- Work with clients brands to understand priorities & communicate with client to plan content
- Communicate with legal team for article approval where necessary
- Create performance reports to present to the client as needed
- Track beauty client mentions across content, ensuring proper backlinking
- Work with the creative team to bring stories to life through addition of photos & videos
- Perform cross-functional duties as needed, supporting social media & other editorial projects
- Develop & maintain relationships with experts, content sources, PR reps, & other industry contacts
- Attend events, conduct interviews, take photos, & secure original content for sites
- Represent websites on camera or in creative as needed
- Work with editorial & creative team to execute special projects for beauty client as needed
- Contribute to Vox Media sites on behalf of client brands
- Join Vox Media editorial task forces as needed, contributing ideas & feedback for new initiatives & tools
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of experience in writing/editing/blogging or related field
- Strong writing, editing, & communication skills
- Strong SEO skills
- Ability to turn around clean, witty, accurate copy on tight deadlines
- Familiarity with social media & social media trends
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to stay ahead of trends & adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape
- Is proficient in AP style & incorporates it into every piece of written content
- Is proficient with HTML, Photoshop, CMS, tagging guide, & style guide
- Sitecore CMS experience a plus
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus
- JIRA & Airtable project management software experience a plus
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat & see if you could be a great addition to our team. Weve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, & sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOULL WORK
This job is located in New York, NY. Were dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees, & when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves & create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products & services come from people with all manner of backgrounds & experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency & communication. Learn more about our values here, & our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, & how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum & maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills & experience.