What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio.
We're looking for a Senior Label Relations Manager with responsibility to develop, maintain & nurture relationships with SoundCloud labels & grow their use & understanding of the SoundCloud platform. You will provide key insights into label & distributor needs on the platform, with a focus on expanding SoundCloud's relationships with the music industry. You will also serve as an evangelist for SoundCloud & work across internal teams.
The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with deep music industry knowledge, exceptional relationships - & significant experience working directly with the label & distributor community.
- Identifying, building & maintaining relationships with key label & distributor partners in the music community
- Day-to-day management of SoundClouds existing relationships with a designated cohort of music industry partners.
- Drive business analysis of key performance indicators for managed partners & rightsholders.
- Representing SoundCloud to the label communities through meetings, check-ins & updates on a regular basis.
- Responsibility for communicating how the creative community can best use SoundCloud to grow their career, engage with & grow their fanbase, & monetize on the platform.
- Problem solving for members of our label & distributor community.
- Working cross-functionally with Artist Relations, Creator, Product, Brand Revenue, Marketing, PR, & other teams within SoundCloud to represent the voice of the creator community.
- Using data & industry knowledge, work to identify partners for further engagement
- Working closely with Marketing & Content Strategy teams to identify & develop new opportunities to surface content in outbound consumer & brand marketing/franchises.
- At minimum eight (8) years of relevant experience working directly with labels & distributors.
- Strong connections & contacts in North America, especially on the east coast
- Deep knowledge of current music, digital & industry trends, & are a passionate SoundCloud user.
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology & an ability to think creatively about partner needs.
- Youre a confident & personable self-starter.
- You can easily carry conversations with industry leaders
- Superior attention to detail & strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills & interpersonal/team skills.
- You are able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, across various time zones.
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.