Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
Engineering at Circle:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions & smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable & efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: were using USD Coin under the hood).
Over the next 12 months, were going to rapidly grow our API customer base & enable even more businesses to easily integrate & benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet.
If youre data-driven, interested in building something meaningful & would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we cant wait to hear from you.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
Here is our team hierarchy for individual contributors:
Principal Software Engineer (V)
Staff Software Engineer (IV)
Senior Software Engineer (III)
Software Engineer (II)
Software Engineer (I)
Your team is responsible for:
As a member of the Data Engineering team, you own the core Big Data/ML platform, data ingestion, processing & serving, ETL/ELT pipelines, data governance & security compliances, data analytics & visualization tooling, data modeling & data warehouse that powers our Product, Engineering, Analytics, & Data Science teams for experimentation, operational excellence, & actionable insights, so as to fuel & accelerate business growth.
You'll work on:
- Work across functional teams on the design, deployment & continuous improvement of the scalable data platform that ingests, stores, & aggregates various datasets, including data pipelines, platforms, & warehouses, & surfacing data to both internal & customer-facing applications.
- Be a subject matter expert on data modeling, data pipelines, data quality & data warehousing.
- Desgin, build & maintain data ETL/ELT pipelines to source & aggregate the required data for various data analysis & reporting needs, as well as to continually improve the operations, monitoring & performance of the data warehouse.
- Develop integrations with third party systems to source, qualify & ingest various datasets.
- Provide data analytics & visualization tools to extract valuable insights from the data to enable data-driven decisions.
- Provide ML data platform capabilities for data science teams to perform data preparation, model training & management, & run experiments.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups & stakeholders, such as the product, engineering, data science, security & compliance teams, for data modeling, general data life cycle management, data governance & processes for meeting regulatory & legal requirements.
You'll bring to Circle (Not all required):
- Experience in multiple data technologies, such as Spark, Presto, Impala, YARN, Parquet, MLflow, Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Flink, Spark Streaming, etc.
- Experience with workflow orchestration management engines such as Airflow, Azkaban, Oozie, etc.
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc).
- Experience in SQL & NoSQL, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, HBase, Redis, DynamoDB, Neo4j, etc.
- Experience in building scalable infrastructure to support batch, micro-batch or stream data processing for large volumes of data.
- Experience in data governance & provenance.
- Internal knowledge of open source or related big data technologies.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Java, Scala, Python).
- Experience in similar business domains, such as payment systems, credit cards, bank transfers, blockchains, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with cross-functional teams & remote teams, share ideas & present concepts effectively.
- Ability to tackle complex & ambiguous problems.
- Self-starter who takes ownership, drives results, & enjoys moving at a fast pace.
- 3-5+ years of professional software development experience for Sr. level; 5-7+ years of professional experience for staff level; 7-12+ years of professional experience for principal level.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.