The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
At The RealReal the development team is composed of strong full-stack engineers & is instrumental in the success of our high-end fashion marketplace business. You will be exposed to the latest technology, a pervasive data-driven culture, while surrounded by a friendly, helpful team. The fast growth of our business gives you the opportunity to make a strong impact.
As a Senior Software Engineer, youll design & build software for automating critical operation processes.
This position is based out of San Francisco, or The RealReal Midtown in Manhattan / New York City, & will report to the Director of Engineering.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce high quality, performant, testable code
- Review pull requests & provide constructive feedback
- Pair up with someone to work together on a feature
- Learn something new, & mentor junior engineers
- Deploy to production multiple times
- Help define technical strategy & architecture
- 5+ years of professional web application development experience
- Fluency with any of Ruby, Elixir, Erlang
- Strong understanding of web-app performance fundamentals & related dev tools
- Strong database fundamentals & experience with MySql or Postgresql
- Worked with search engines such as ElasticSearch, Lucene, Solr
- Experience using async message queues
- Mastery of git & Github workflows
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Elixir, Phoenix
- Advanced CS degree or equivalent