SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SECURITY OFFICER 2
SpaceX Security \Officers are dedicated security professionals with a demonstrated ability to work independently & as a member of a team in a fast-paced high-tech environment. Security Officers work as a team, patrolling the companys properties via vehicle & foot and/or ensuring security at a series of fixed locations in accordance with federal, state, & local laws as well as company regulations.
- Serve as operator in the conduct of static guard posts
- Support the execution of plans in support of SpaceX operations
- Participate & assist in conducting advanced security training
- Conduct research & analysis in support of SpaceX security missions
- Provide mobile security support as directed by the operations center
- Respond to emergency situations (fire/medical/suspicious person/etc.)
- Execute security support as dictated by SpaceX security leadership
- Execute roving patrols of assigned locations
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 4+ years of experience in the military, law enforcement, overseas security contracting, or advanced corporate security
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree
- Military deployment and/or counterinsurgency experience
- Aptitude for critical incident handling
- Completed training: CPR/First Aid for professional rescuers or Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Small unit leadership experience
- Impeccable character/integrity
- Experience with handling stressful & intense situations
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience de-escalating disputes and/or conflict(s)
- An intense interest in protecting the future of spaceflight
- Foreign language proficiency
- Availability to work any schedule needed, including: nights, weekends & rotating shifts
- Position is subject to pre-employment drug testing, & random drug & alcohol testing upon hire
- Ability & willingness to occasionally stand in a static position for extended periods
- Able to wear approximately 20-30lbs of gear throughout a 12-hour shift
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of time in support of SpaceX Security requirements should the need arise
- Valid drivers license
- Possess or be eligible for a valid state security officer license
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.