Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for a Director of Internal Communications to lead employee communication strategy & programs at Mailchimp. This includes managing our internal communications team & working with leaders across the company to create & execute communication initiatives. Our internal communications team is responsible for channels including our company intranet, Slack, all-hands meetings, & digital signage at our offices.
Were looking for a strategic & creative leader who values open & honest two-way communication, & can rally employees around business goals & company-wide changes. Every day is different in this rolein one day, the Director of Internal Communications might write a memo for the COO, oversee a prep session for an upcoming town hall, review a proposal for an internal blog series, & lead a meeting where our Communications Partners provide updates from the teams they support.
This position reports to the Vice President of Communications & Corporate Affairs. The Communications & Corporate Affairs department includes Internal & Corporate Communications, as well as Corporate Citizenship & Public Affairs.
What youll do:
- Manage Mailchimps internal communications team (4-5 direct reports)
- Create & execute company-wide communication strategies & programs
- Work with leaders from across the company to support department-level & company-level communications
- Write & review executive communications (memos, presentations, blog posts, leadership announcements)
- Plan monthly all-hands meetings, executive fireside chats, & other company-wide events
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience managing a communications team
- Experience leading internal communications initiatives at a growing company
- Strong writing & editing skills
- Experience with change management
- Preferred experience in the technology industry
- An understanding of Mailchimps product, business, & customer base
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.