AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest & fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate & semantically index the worlds market & company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, & gain an information edge by discovering critical data points & trends that others miss.
The Director of Account Management is responsible for managing a team of Account Managers who are responsible for achieving & surpassing dollar renewal rate targets through renewals and going deeper & wider in their accounts.
We are looking for a data-driven Director with strong leadership & management experience to expand our Account Management Team & help drive AlphaSense's business success forward.
- Youll directly lead a team of Account Managers who are responsible for achieving & surpassing dollar renewal rate targets through renewals & identifying growth opportunities & helping them close in partnership with AEs
- Driving Successful Customer Outcomes: Youll drive successful customer outcomes by increasing renewal rates & reducing churn, expanding revenue through building deeper relationships with our accounts, & influencing future lifetime value through higher product adoption
- Revenue growth & forecasting, driving customer outcomes, talent management & development, & shaping the customer narrative through data.
- Coach & mentor members of your team on call coaching, development, implementing best practices, & establishing accountability across the team.
- Provide transparency & insight of your teams performance to the leadership team.
- Recruit top talent for your growing team
- Collaborate with sales to drive successful growth outcomes
- Align with our product team to drive roadmap & offerings to address customer needs & increase customer retention.
- Speak directly with customers in good times & in bad & when escalations are required, you will foster a culture of openness with your team & our customers.
Who You Are:
- You have a proven track record of successfully managing a team
- Passionate about learning & always seeking the next challenge
- Youre a systems thinkeryou have a proven track record of turning processes that lack structure into effective, scalable systems
- You measure our success by the success of our customers. As an effective leader, you will instill these values in your team to ensure our customers are receiving an excellent customer experience.
- You are obsessed with adding value to your team through coaching & feedback.
- Ambitious, with impeccable integrity & curiosity
- You have significant experience building direct client relationships at the senior level & handling escalationsyou relish in having real customer conversations
- Servant leadership is innate - you see leading people as a privilege & are committed to others success
- Strong communicator; able to parse nuanced data & draw actionable conclusions
- Based in New York City
- You have 10+ years of work experience in sales, account management, or client success with 5+ years of direct people management experience
- A high aptitude & willingness to learn. Because of our diverse base of clients, much of the technical knowledge required to succeed will be learned on the job
- Ability to distill & explain complex issues in simple terms
- Experience operationalizing the customer journey
- An intelligent, articulate, consultative & confident client facing professional
- Must have the personal motivation & ability to contribute to a dynamic & entrepreneurial team culture
- Superior ability to develop rapport with new people, & to maintain relationships, combined with a positive & proactive personality
- Energetic & creative individual, possessing natural curiosity with the ability to learn quickly & adapt
- Outstanding oral, written & presentation skills
- Effective time management & task prioritization when under pressure
- Willingness to Travel (post Covid
- Ability & interest to work autonomously, & for a small fast-growing company. Someone can genuinely "make the role their own", so looking for highly motivated proactive individuals who make things happen, & want to play a large role in the companys success