Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
The Manager is responsible for guiding & developing teams by motivating, mentoring, & coaching. They are responsible for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost & quality while maintaining a positive employee experience. Managers are servant leaders; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, have empathy & compassion for associates, & the passion & leadership to stand up for them when the time arises.
What Youll Do:
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes & policies
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost & quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish & meet KPIs
- Be patient, have strong communication skills & the capability of giving & receiving effective feedback including disciplinary action conversations
- Recruit, screen & select talent at Associate & Team Lead levels
- Implement weekly schedule & manage labor budget
- Ownership & accountability for Team Leads & their execution
- Communicate cross departmentally
- Focus on team & department growth & development
- Design, implement & monitor continuous improvement processes for the team
- Oversee overall productivity of department & workflow
- Be the primary point of contact for team of Associates & Team Leads
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes
- Lead teams through change & embrace continuous improvement
- Partner with Trainers & Team Leads to develop, maintain & apply learning tools
- Communicate feedback to better the operation & the employee experience
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness & security standards
What You Need:
- 3 to 12 years experience leading people & teams
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as business dictates
- Strong written & verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view & improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose & solve for challenges & workflow for associates
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.