Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Talent & People team! As our Talent Acquisition Specialist, you should be highly adept at full-cycle recruitment in a fast-paced & high-volume startup atmosphere. Youll be responsible for driving a positive candidate experience for all applicants, whether interviewed or not, while partnering with hiring teams on defining competencies, scoping interview process, sourcing, screening & making offers to new team members. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will also be responsible for partnering with internal teams to build out pipelines, attend events & meetups in the community, & get the GA brand out there as a positive place to work across the globe.
- Partner with hiring managers to provide timely sourcing, screening, interviewing & selection of candidates who meet the requirements & competencies of GA teams.
- Full life cycle recruiting consultative requisition kickoffs, market analysis for competitive advantage, sourcing, interviewing, offer negotiations, etc.
- Identify, develop & maintain a network of contacts & resources to generate qualified, diverse candidate pools for strategic needs in an effective manner.
- Maintain accurate & concise records regarding the recruitment & selection process within our ATS (Greenhouse).
- Manage the candidate experience as he/she goes through the recruitment process.
- Build relationships with cross-functional departments (HR OPs, HRBPs, FP&A, Enterprise, Admissions, etc.).
- Actively engage & initiate process improvements as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years of experience recruiting for product, marketing, & tech roles in-house or staffing environments.
- Proficiency in applicant tracking systems, preferably Greenhouse, & sourcing tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter, AngelList, etc.
- Multi-state & international experience in recruiting strongly preferred.
- Have a client-focused & customer-centric attitude & aptitude.
- Experience using data to help influence & advise hiring managers & internal stakeholders in talent decisions.
- Experience effectively hiring, nurturing & closing talent.
- Significant experience with passive candidate sourcing.
- Excellent communication, time management, & negotiation skills.
- Hiring & Staffing
- Process Management
- Drive For Results
- Dealing With Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Intellectual Horsepower