Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We have always been a company focused on D2C. Better is now just months away from launching our first strategic partnership with a Top 10 U.S. bank where we will provide our first white-label solution.
Better is looking for a mortgage expert, who is equally proud of their mortgage expertise as they are dedicated to customer satisfaction & delivering results. This individual will lead the operations team for this partnership in a high visibility role. This position is the first of its kind within Better, & the strategy & design for this team will be replicated in future partnerships. This person will own OKRs visible to the entire company, have direct & frequent interaction with the CEO, & will be in direct communication with our partners senior leadership team. This role is more entrepreneurial than most, as you will be encouraged to create radical new ways to improve processes, hit metrics, & provide solutions for our partners pain points.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of a world class mortgage fulfillment organization including hiring, process design, product evolution & operational execution.
- Drive the rapid iteration of operating processes to generate maximum value for Better, its partners & our mutual customers.
- Own & report on progress for an Objectives & Key Results focused on exceeding our partners volume, customer experience, & quality SLAs. You will also work closely with cross functional teams to achieve these outcomes.
- You have 10+ years of mortgage experience with 5+ years of management experience in residential mortgage origination.
- You start with yes & do whatever it takes to deliver results & to accommodate both our customers & our strategic partner.
- You are an excellent manager & leader who has recently managed & grown teams of 10-100 people.
- You are dynamic in your leadership: you can operate at both 50,000 & 500 ft.
- You are excellent at navigating varying contexts & wearing different hats: manager, customer service expert, & client relationship manager.
- You are able to represent our brand to the countrys largest banks & financial institutions.
- You are highly diligent, responsive, & proactive. You dont let emails go unanswered for over a day.
- You are always thinking of ways to improve processes & systems, & youre not afraid to fight for those changes & debate trade offs.
- You share the values of low ego, debate & decide, true teamwork, doing whatever it takes to win, & are motivated by challenge.
- You are excited by the opportunity to personally, dramatically improve one of the most stressful & uncertain processes millions of Americans experience each year.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.