Senior Director of Member Engagement
Boston, NYC or Remote
We're Looking For...
A Senior Director of Member Engagement to join our entrepreneurial, analytical, & fun marketing team. As a leader on the Member Engagement & Communications team, this role will drive strategy & execution across the member lifecycle (new member, active buyer, & top shopper / loyalty) to accelerate Rue Gilt Groupe top-line growth, retention, & member lifetime value. This role has additional direct management responsibility for the Rue La La & Gilt International Business.
What Youll Do...
Develop & deliver meaningful programs, campaigns & experiences across the member lifecycle that drive member progression, visitation, activation, & loyalty. Key outcomes include delivery of active buyer & buyer revenue goals.
- Establish industry-leading customer relationship marketing programs utilizing a test & learn methodology to implement traditional & non-traditional methods of engaging & retaining customers.
- Develop & execute a comprehensive customer communications & lifecycle marketing strategy that encompasses email, push, SMS, onsite & mobile programs increasing customer engagement & lifetime value.
- Lead quantitative & qualitative analysis to develop a deep understanding of customer needs & value drivers by life-stage across the Rue La La & Gilt Groupe businesses.
- Generate & test new concepts & tactics that transform insight into action; scale successful pilots & transfer to go-to-market initiatives
- Define, launch, & evolve loyalty, shipping & promotional programs that enhance customer engagement & profitability.
- Develop the vision & end-to-end strategy to grow the Rue La La & Gilt International Business.
- Own key metrics driving the engagement & retention area & proactively improve performance, setting a high bar for the team & partners in terms of member orientation & analytical rigor.
- Communicate insights into drivers of performance & opportunities to the Rue Gilt Groupe Executive & Management teams on a monthly/ quarterly basis
- Grow & inspire a team focused on driving customer behaviors that maximize engagement & revenue generation through coaching, feedback, & change management
- Serve as a key leader within the company, identifying & driving business opportunities through cross-functional partnerships across Marketing, Creative, Product Management, Technology, & Buying/Merchandising
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- 5+ years experience leading customer relationship marketing & loyalty programs.
- Experience in e-commerce/retail or B2C; fashion and/ or high growth companies a plus
- Proven track record of successfully establishing vision as well as designing, managing & scaling member lifecycle programs that drive meaningful value in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical horsepower & data-driven problem-solving skills; owned start-to-finish analytic solving of complex marketing problems (e.g., hypothesis, analysis plan, tools development, etc.) .
- Strong people leadership skills with 3+ years of team management experience
- High tolerance for ambiguity with proven ability to drive rigorous prioritization & decision making to achieve complex goals
- Entrepreneurial & global ownership mindset, with proven ability to influence & build advocacy for ideas at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication & relationship management skills
- An innovative, positive, & self-directed attitude
- Passion for understanding consumer behavior & creating outstanding customer experiences
Additional Skills a plus:
- Experience using analytics/ business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc
- Experience with Customer experience design & technical product management
- Digital Marketing knowledge including social & display
- SFMC (Salesforce Marketing Cloud) experience
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.