Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Associate Manager, Customer Experience - UK & Europe to join our London-based team.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will have had experience in & passion for supporting & defining a customer experience that uniquely expresses Away. In this customer-focused role, you will lead our customer experience efforts in the UK & Europe to provide exceptional localised service for our customers. You must be a self-motivated problem solver with a customer-obsessed attitude. You will work closely with European leadership as well as the Customer Experience team based in the US. You will report to the General Manager, UK.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What You'll Do:
- Act as the voice of the Away brand on the front lines with our UK & European customers, delivering transformative customer experiences & developing lasting relationships via all channels that customers interact with us
- Be comfortable rolling up your sleeves & diving into the customer inbox as well as supporting the retail team at our Seven Dials store with customer enquiries while deepening your knowledge of Aways products
- Partner closely with the Operations team & warehouses to remove any roadblocks that prevent us from delivering best in class customer service
- Manage escalated customer relationships efficiently & effectively across offices & time zones while listening to our customers problems & offering thoughtful & meaningful resolutions
- Contribute to the long-term CX strategy for our international markets & use data to inform staffing & hiring recommendations in collaboration with the New York-based Customer Experience team
- Work cross-functionally & share customer feedback with other team members & leaders in order to continuously improve & evolve the customer experience & proactively solve problems
- Connect with CX team members from other brands to share learnings & build relationships along with gaining insight into CX trends in the UK & European markets
- Serve as a proud brand ambassador of Away, constantly championing our core values. Youll help set the tone across the CX & London-based team of what it means to be customer-obsessed
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of CX experience in a customer-obsessed environment & are comfortable working with customer support platforms. Prior retail experience is preferred.
- Open & able to see all situations from a perspective other than your own with an acute ability to empathize with our customers.
- Problem Solver must be a forward thinker & decision-maker in a fast-paced environment; make sound decisions that lead to results & meaningful experiences.
- Innovative and driven by your own curiosity
- Effective Communicator must be an excellent communicator, able to listen well & understand the needs of our customers & the business. You express ideas clearly & directly after actively listening.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Motivated self-starter, with a strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
- Education requirements didnt limit the career of our co-founder Jen Rubio, & it won't limit your opportunities at Away either. We do not restrict our application pool based on education degrees, if you have strong professional experience, we want you to apply!
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.