Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquares business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; & drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter & Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide & Swarm. Over the past 10 years, weve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map & models fresh & up-to-date.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Senior Manager of Program Management to join us & lead our Program Management Office (PMO). This team is responsible for defining, implementing, & maintaining the standards for program & project management within Product & Engineering at Foursquare.
We are looking for a pioneer who can lead the team, build relationships across the organization, & ensure that the right processes, projects, & programs are in place. The ideal candidate will possess expert project & program management skills, be an excellent communicator, & be passionate about growing the careers of the employees on their team.
Managing the PMO
Historically, program managers have reported to various engineering managers across our team. Over time, their portfolios have expanded to include more cross team & cross business unit objectives. By centralizing this team, we want to enable the PMO to tackle the most impactful opportunities available. As the manager of this team, you will:
- Support the career development of the members of your team
- Build processes to discover, define, & prioritize the teams assignments
- Make sure the right projects are paired with the right managers
- Communicate team & high level project status to other stakeholders in the Product & Engineering organization
- Continue to hone the teams remit to fit the companys changing needs
- Act as an advocate & champion for the Program Management Office, seeking out new opportunities to improve Foursquares processes
- Ensure that processes owned by the Program Management Office are being continually optimized
- Directly manage programs with high variety across many business units to successful outcomes on time & within budget
- Proven track record for managing programs to successful outcomes
- Experience managing 3-6 direct reports
- Strong communication, both written & verbal
- Deep knowledge & demonstrated experience working with product teams
- Understanding of roadmapping & business strategy
- Analytical & metrics driven
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, able to push through ambiguity
- Deep sense of intellectual curiosity & respect for creative work
- Ability to research complex topics with overlapping technology, finance, legal, & general management issues
- Expert ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel
- High level of integrity with respect to confidential information,
- Confident in managing up & partnering with all levels of the organization
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.