ACVs mission is to build & enable the most trusted & efficient digital marketplaces for buying & selling used vehicles with transparency & comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the worlds best people & the industrys best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit & rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACVs network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation & ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 & Data Services.
What you will do:
ACV Auctions is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Territory Sales Manager, who has a background in the automotive space, a passion for cars, & wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Our Territory Managers are the face of our company. They need to understand the dealership & wholesale car business. They are "road warriors" who have boundless energy & work tirelessly to build their territory & provide our clients with the best service. At ACV Auctions we pride ourselves on trust, transparency, & credibility, & our Territory Managers deliver this to our customers every day.
- Develop & execute a strategic plan to grow & build out new business in your territory.
- Service accounts in person & via phone, looking for incremental growth opportunities.
- Utilizes Salesforce on a daily basis for reporting & tracking purposes.
- Achieve or exceed established sales goals.
- Develop relationships with dealers & dealer groups & leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Be very familiar with the competition & how to sell against it.
- Assess customers wholesale inventory needs & offer solutions to increase their business with ACV Auctions.
- Educate customers on the breadth of what our product can offer them & the services that will be made available to them.
- Forecast & report incoming business activity on a monthly & annual basis.
- Ensure both customers & prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly & accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Help proactively market the company to customers & convey the advantages of our product.
- Accountable & aware of the financial activity within your book of business.
- Adapt to changes in a book of business, customer contacts, & internal structure/role changes.
- Day to day management of Vehicle Condition Inspectors & KPI's.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years of dealership experience, on either the used or new car side of business required.
- Experience selling into dealerships & auction knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Ability to be on the road every day, traveling to both existing & prospect dealerships.
- Understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position ACV Auctions.
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person & over the phone.
- Understanding of the importance of building internal & external networks to increase personal effectiveness.
- An upbeat & positive demeanor.
- Ability to be self-motivated & able to work independently.
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities & assists others in doing so.
- Experience using a CRM (preferably Salesforce) to maintain & plan sales pipeline.
- Ability to travel for meetings, training, etc..
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each & every Teammate.
- Career development & Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed & empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance & understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.