Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world & digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare & Swarm, as well as thriving media & enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint & Attribution (for marketers), & Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 300 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, & in sales offices around the globe, were dedicated to our trailblazing missionenriching consumer experiences & informing business decisions with location intelligence.
- Manage & coach a team of talented software engineers
- Responsible for the team's technical roadmap & direction, working closely with Product Management, Sales, Marketing & Business Development to achieve company goals
- Own technology vision, R&D, architecture, & execution
- Manage the development of scalable & robust systems across multiple disciplines
- Identify & track critical diagnostic metrics for the health & growth of our core technologies
- Evaluate & introduce new technologies, processes & policies when necessary.
- Partner with other engineering & product teams & department stakeholders to align on & drive forward broader engineering & company initiatives
- Grow & build a diverse & effective team by recruiting for the team, establishing hiring goals, interviewing norms, & evolving the onboarding process for new team members
- Work closely with key strategic external clients to grow partnerships, learn about the market, & advance our technical capabilities
- 5+ years of proven experience in a software engineering/development role
- 2+ years experience managing an engineering team
- Experience building enterprise-grade web apps on a modern web stack
- Excellent problem solving & large-scale systems debugging skills
- Track record of shipping & scaling high-quality software systems as an individual contributor & manager
- Strong desire to tackle large-scale problems
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey intricate systems & logic to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Top-notch motivational skills & the ability to align teams toward company goals & vision
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.