Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- Weve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- Were #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for an Appraisal Coordinator to join the team. The Appraisal Coordinator will place appraisal orders & track down status updates from the direct engagement panel of appraisers. This person will provide transparency to the Valuation Team as to where appraisal orders are in the pipeline. Additionally, the coordinator will assist in the management of the panel of appraisers. This includes vetting, account setup, account maintenance, & general upkeep of the database. Beyond producing high-quality appraisals & managing priorities, our goal is to build a process that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. To do this, we need you to wear many hats, ranging from a visionary redesigning the needlessly complex appraisal process; a data analyst uncovering how to make the most impact; to a problem solver working with highly skilled engineers & industry experts to resolve technical & operational challenges.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring Appraisal orders to ensure compliant fulfillment & delivery
- Selecting the most appropriate appraiser for an assignment
- Soliciting & monitoring quotes on complex appraisal assignments
- Providing updates to key stakeholders on the orders in process
- Addressing basic appraiser queries & identifying escalations for response
- Processing the receipt of appraisals & invoices
- 1-5 Years Experience in a similar role
- Desire to offer assistance in the form of clear & proactive communication
- Ability to think critically & problem solve complex scenarios
- A high degree of integrity & work ethic
- Bachelors degree required
- Bonus points for prior appraisal management company experience and/or prior mortgage experience
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.