We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Manager of Transportation to join our Global Logistics team.
In this role, you will create & execute strategies that move Aways products inbound from manufacture to our global warehouse network & last mile to our retail stores. Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will have had experience in international & domestic freight transportation. You will report to the Senior Manager, Transportation based in our New York City office [remote, for now!]
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Create & continuously iterate on strategies for transportation of product to Aways Distribution Centers & retail stores
- Manage relationships with transportation providers & brokers to maintain & grow a comprehensive & efficient ocean & freight transportation network, both domestically & cross border
- Create, monitor & maintain KPI reporting to monitor cost & service levels & identify areas of continuous improvement
- Scope & launch new providers or additional service offerings with current providers
- Negotiate rates & evaluate providers to ensure cost-effective decisions are being made pertaining to the transportation of Aways product
- Implement transportation strategies in collaboration with supply chain partners, ensuring all programs meet rigorous standards for customer experience, financial performance & operational efficiency
- Work with key internal & external partners to ensure we achieve the optimal balance of speed, cost, quality, service, & sustainability - all while ensuring an amazing experience for our customers.
Who you are:
- 5 years professional experience in transportation or freight operations roles that are both strategic & executional
- An exceptional written/oral communicator with demonstrated experience in partner management & cost management
- Excellent project management & organizational skills
- Critical thinking & analytical skills
- Thrives in a very fast-paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking & prioritization
- Experience with ERP like Microsoft Dynamics & TMS tools is a plus, but not required
- Proven leadership & people management skills & a passion for developing talent
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.