Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Operations Manager (Strategic Initiatives) to join our Clinical Operations team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a Senior Operations Manager supporting our Clinical Operations team at Oscar, you will lead strategy & design for our Utilization Management processes & workflows to support various company-wide strategic initiatives, such as our Cigna+Oscar small group plans, Pharmacy utilization management, & partnership with our Utilization Management vendors. You will drive the development of processes & technology/systems requirements & facilitate cross-functional support where needed to implement strategic updates to our operations. In addition, you will play a large role in troubleshooting any issues that arise by investigating the scope, cause & scale of the problem & driving towards solutions. You will interact with several other teams at Oscar, Oscars external vendors, & potentially regulatory authorities.
You will report into the Associate Director, Clinical Operations.
- Serve as the Clinical Operations lead for designing operations in support of various strategic programs
- Partner with Clinical Operations & Oscar leadership to develop the short- & long-term strategies & operational priorities for our team
- Coordinate with our Product/Engineering team to prioritize & design tech specifications in support of various projects
- Surface data, process, & technology issues through proactive identification, measurement, & monitoring of our operations
- Continually refine operational processes to ensure compliance & scalability
- Lead the development & documentation of workflows & operating procedures
- Partner with our Legal & Compliance teams to lead policy & procedure updates i support of new initiatives & ensure our operations are compliant with all regulatory & quality requirements
- Manage & maintain relationships with relevant Oscar business leads as a representative of the Clinical Operations team
- Become the go-to individual at the company for Utilization Management operations on cross-functional teams
- Support your team & leadership by driving decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis
- A bachelors degree
- 6+ years of professional experience in roles with a focus on operations, implementation, and/or process management/improvement
- Experience overseeing large projects that require strong organizational skills
- 3+ Years Managing Direct reports
- Experience in health care, utilization management and/or insurance operations
- Knowledge of CMS, regulatory, and/or accreditation requirements
- Experience in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Experience working with a Product and/or Engineering team to leverage technology in creative/novel ways to solve problems
- Demonstrated process improvement certifications
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.