The Internal Communications Director will report to Oscars Chief People Officer & work closely with Oscars leadership & Communication teams. You will be responsible for developing & executing a cross-company internal communications strategy involving multiple channels & forums that fosters a clear understanding of Oscars business & goals, while driving & supporting its culture.
- Develop an internal communications strategy that includes the delivery of on-brand content & messaging for employees through a variety of mediums & channels (for example: intranet, email, collateral, video, talking points, articles, blogs, town halls, social media)
- Proactively lead & execute internal communications projects & campaigns that align with articulate & support Oscars business goals & values as well as continue to influence a positive culture & engaged workforce
- Work closely with senior leadership & department heads to plan effective communications that support business objectives, including matters of strategic corporate significance
- Partner with Oscars Communications & Corporate Social Responsibility team to ensure consistency with external messaging & strategy, including matters affecting organizational perception & reputation & crisis response
- Build & manage a small team to execute key results & goals throughout the year
- Develop & drive innovative internal communications programs & activities to drive employee engagement
Who are you?
This role is for those that could be a product manager but have an interest in Communications. This person should not be shy using different forms of communication with the latest technology & have an innovative spirit to get our message across internally.
Other qualifications include:
- BA/BS, preferably in a related field
- An innovated mentality, creative, strategic thinker & has an interest in technology
- 8 or more years of experience in communications - experience in a high-growth & fast-paced environment a plus
- Superior communication (oral & written, including editing) & interpersonal skills
- High level of independence, energy & integrity, including demonstrated respect for a diversity of opinions & styles
- Proven ambassador of culture & innovative content & delivery generator
Above all else:
- Friendly, thoughtful, & kind.
- Humility, maturity, & lack of ego.
- Always a point of view & an open mind.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.