Relay Graduate School of Education seeks a Manager of System Operations for our recruitment, admissions, and certification platform (Technolutions Slate). This is a chance to join a growing, equity-focused, and remote-friendly team at a new institution of higher education. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Student Systems, the Manager of System Operations will leverage the technical features of Slate to ensure that Relay is maximizing the platform's potential in service of our staff and students. Through this work the Manager of System Operations will create new solutions for existing problems, and will have the opportunity to work closely with colleagues across the institution.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the daily technology operations of a national, mission-driven, and high-growth non-profit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute all Slate management activities, including project and process management, building new features, answering support tickets, and consulting on newer use cases.
- Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities for platform sustainability
- Ensure new builds (e.g. reports, portals, workflows) are constructed so that they can scale to larger use cases and settings.
- Bring technology-focused best practices to all Slate activities, coordinating closely with the other SIS platforms, and managing integrations across these platforms.
- Build and maintain custom online portals for use by admissions staff, prospective students, and applicants.
- Create end-user training guides and documentation
- Serve as the first line of defense for questions from super-users and end-users.
- Execute basic and complex system configuration changes as per prioritized requirements.
- Complete internal testing of new build and configuration items; participate in or lead system and user acceptance testing efforts.
- Analyze system use to recommend and implement improvements.
- Understand system interdependencies and collaborate with project teams accordingly.
- Perform other related duties, inside and outside of Slate, as required and assigned.
- 2+ years of experience working with Technolutions Slate.
- Ability to produce written artifacts (diagrams, prose, presentations) that resonate with business owners and technical staff alike.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of SQL and HTML.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities and prioritize work accordingly.
- Ability to partner with software and service vendors / engineers to identify the course of resolutions.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- A passion for building solutions that enable teams to work more effectively.
- Delivery-focused, pragmatic, and driven to get practical solutions live.
Relay offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.