Guild is hiring a People Operations Partner (aka Human Resources Business Partner) to serve as a consultant to leadership & Guilders on People Ops related issues.
In particular, youll partner closely with leadership & management to provide day-to-day coaching & advice, implement company-wide programs, & help with organizational health & planning. You will be an ambassador of the Guild culture, ensuring its embedded in everything we do. Youll build relationships across the organization while acting as a unifier, employee & Company champion, & trusted partner to both leadership & employees.
As a People Operations Partner, you will:
- Counsel & advise on issues related to employee & manager development, talent acquisition, talent management, interpersonal & team dynamics, retention, employee engagement, benefits, & legal compliance.
- Build relationships with senior leaders to optimize team performance & engagement.
- Work to build & sustain a diverse, equitable, & inclusive environment.
- Build trust & credibility with Guild employees through regular check-ins, engagement surveys, etc. having a constant pulse on employee morale, culture, & pain points.
- Provide insights to leadership with recommendations for how to bolster areas of strength, mitigate areas of concern, & anticipate possible outcomes.
- Solicit feedback & utilize data to identify, surface, & act on opportunities to enhance the effectiveness, culture, & morale of teams.
- Handle & guide resolution on complex employee relations matters including investigations & disciplinary actions.
- Assist with the creation, communication & rollout of updated or new people programs & policies, thinking about how to make programs & processes as effective & scalable as possible.
- Assist with administrative People Operations duties as necessary.
- Model Guilds culture, values, & behaviors.
In addition to working on the People Ops Team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Rachel Carlson (Co-Founder & CEO), Bijal Shah (Chief Product & Analytics Officer), & Josh Scott (President).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- A minimum of seven years of progressive HR experience.
- An HR degree or equivalent experience & a deep understanding of HR practices, policies, & laws.
- Proven track record of identifying people problems & using strategic skills to drive & influence appropriate solutions.
- Experience providing business insights to inform people strategy.
- The ability to work & connect with a variety of personalities on cross-functional teams.
- The ability to balance multiple, competing priorities & projects at the same time.
- An understanding of D&I principles & practices & comfort in discussing & advancing these topics.
- Strong project management skills.
- The desire to bring enthusiasm, flexibility, & patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, & collaborative environment.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities & education institutions. Guilds proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit & our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies & we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce & Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.