At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Are you passionate about making our cities better through active & affordable first-and-last-mile solutions? Citi Bike is looking to hire a passionate & detail oriented Bike Share planner who will play an integral role in bringing bike share to new communities in New York & Jersey City & sustain our footprint in existing communities.
The Citi Bike system is an integral part of New York Citys transportation network. With more than 875 stations & more than 14,000 bikes on the ground across four boroughs & Jersey City the system has generated over 95 million rides since launching in May 2013. Citi Bike is the largest bike share program in North America, with plans to triple in size over the next five years setting new national standards in density, convenience & equity.
- Conduct community outreach for new stations, manage & maintain records, & report potential issues & conflicts
- Conduct site viability surveys, desktop assessments, & related field visits, to support network maintenance as well as new stations
- Help track the construction permitting process.
- Review & request edits to detailed site plans for bike share stations
- Liaise with Architects
- Maintain station & site plan databases & web-based planning & collaboration tools
- Play an active part in preparation & review of upcoming station installation or removal activities for Citi Bike as needed, including system expansion
- Assist Expansion team with other related tasks
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, public policy, GIS, environmental studies, transportation management, or a related field
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational & task management skills.
- Strong Knowledge of New York City area geography & street layout.
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time in various weather conditions.
- Experience in community outreach, customer service, or related job
- Passionate about biking, bikeshare or sustainable urban development
- Bonus if you have experience working with external parties
- Bonus if you have experience conducting site surveys
- Bonus if you have familiarity with construction or autoCAD plans
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.