At Shutterfly, our purpose is to share life’s joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading platform for personalized products.
Shutterfly’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users will purchase personalized products.
We are looking for some exceptional backend engineers for our web team that will able to lead & own the product. The mandate for this team is to envision, develop, & manage the systems / workflows that enable Shutterfly to serve & manage the mobile native apps catalog.
Given Shutterfly’s rare combination of an exceptional team of data scientists, extraordinary backend developers & a company-wide appreciation for the benefits of machine learning, a huge opportunity for impact awaits!
- Develop, debug, maintain & improve the backend infrastructure running in different clouds
- Analyze, design & develop scalable services & components
- Design & build flexible pipelines that can rapidly evolve to handle new technologies & modeling approaches
- Take full ownership of projects from conception through to production
- Turn requirements into simple, elegant, optimal solutions
- Work with team members & other groups to achieve company goals
Required Skills & Experiences:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Wealth of extensive experience (Five or more years) as a backend engineer, writing in C based languages (PHP, Ruby, Java, ….)
- Extensive knowledge of code architecture & design patterns
- Experience designing & implementing distributed & scalable systems
- Experience developing & working with RESTful web services & client-server architectures
- Experience with working over Linux OS
- Self-direction, ambition, & an eagerness to learn new things
- Ability to take high-level project concepts & turn them into well thought out system designs
- Listens / curious / adaptable / collaborative
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced company with short release cycles
- Eager to have a high impact
- Are pragmatic & know how to ship high-value features quickly
- You are an extremely self-motivated person with an eye for automating humans out of most equations (thoughtfully, mind).
- Must have a positive, Can Do! Attitude & willing to have fun while working
Bonus points for:
Participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large-scale performance challenge
- Knowledge in Ruby, Java & Vue.js
- Experience in cloud computing and/or AWS services & Heroku