Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Team
The Retail team is a critical function that drives the Harrys & Flamingo brand strategy & growth with current & future retail partners. The Retail team is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions Finance, Marketing, Operations, & Store execution. The Retail team will continue to play a key role in enabling Harrys to expand into new mens personal care categories, by channeling insights from partners into innovation efforts, understanding how to position the brand to end customers in complex environments, & driving the rollout of new product lines.
About the Role
The Retail team drives the Harrys & Flamingo brand strategy & growth with current & future retail partners. They lead all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions Finance, Marketing, Operations, & Store execution. Retail will continue to play a key role in enabling Harrys to expand into new mens personal care categories, by channeling insights from partners into innovation efforts, understanding how to position the brand to end customers in complex environments, & driving the rollout of new product lines.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide the primary customer & internal analytic support for our Grocery business & personal care categories - inclusive of category, market, shopper, & assortment performance analysis
- Serve as a Retail/CPG leader & data expert to peers, cross-functional & external partners - developing the Grocery analytics & insights roadmap & vision to support the channel strategy & be the go-to for ad-hoc retail reporting & analysis
- Serves as a team leader & mentor, building sustainability & efficiencies through the creation of processes/tools, best methods, & ways of working for the total team in addition to proactively finding opportunities to scale across channels
- Be an always-on storyteller - interpreting the data, identifying the so what & why behind the headlines, influencing compelling data-driven presentations, diagnosing impact to channel P&L, driving action through weekly/monthly scorecards, & coaching others to do the same
- Independently identify & drive strategic projects that help unlock new revenue-driving opportunities & push the Harrys & Retail strategy forward through thoughtful analysis of the category, competitive dynamics, shopper demographics, & purchase dynamics
- Lead broader analytics projects beyond the Grocery customer team to drive overall analytics capabilities, understand total market dynamics, & onboard new programs & tools to improve our collective ability to develop analytical business insights
- Create & maintain best-in-class cross-functional relationships with internal & external partners through understanding interdependencies, proactive communication, & project management
- Train & develops great talent, serving as the manager of junior Sales Analytics team members supporting Grocery in owning development conversations, consistent actionable feedback & all company-wide People processes (e.g. year end performance reviews)
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree & 5-7 years in an analytical, planning, data-driven role. Experience working with retail partners & syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen) is a necessity.
- Passion to work with data & the ability to synthesize complex data from various sources & create impactful business reporting tools & analytic resources
- Takes ownership & responsibility for the work & desires to be seen as an analytics leader, not just a report generator
- Insatiably curious & always looking to learn something new seeking to improve yourself, your team, & the world around you
- Professional & enthusiastic teammate with a passion to work collaboratively across teams & aim for results
- Excellent communicator with strong written, verbal, & presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Business Suite including PowerPoint & Excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge!
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously!
Key Partners & Team Structure:
- You will report to the Sales Analytics Sr. Manager & will be closely aligned to our Grocery customer team, focusing primarily on the analytics needs of that business
- Working as a part of the Retail Sales Team
- You will work most closely with the Retail Sales Director & Managers, external customer contacts, Finance, Forecasting / Replenishment Analysts, Analytics, Go-To-Market Strategy, & Brand
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $91,600-$125,950, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.